Sunday, January 04, 2009

Past and Future

It is that time of year again to reflect on the past and plan for the future. I don't know if it is my mood now but I don't really feel that this year was really spectacular in terms of excitement and new things learned. I feel like it has been rather ho-hum, same old same old. Regardless, here are some things that stand out:

1. Travelling to Regina with my cousin, Sara, to see Grandma. It was a very fun trip - about as fun as Regina can get.

2. Living with my sister and her family for the summer. Never a dull moment.

3. Travelling to Ottawa spur of the moment to attend my grand father's funeral. Bittersweet time. It was sweet to see family but sad to go on such an occasion.

4. Learning about wine in the Okagnagan Valley with former Trout Lake cronies. We camped, we played games and I lost at Trivial Pursuit again.

I want this year to stand out more than last year. I want it to be more exciting. So here are some random goals for the year.

1. Change. It is time to move on, to find a new direction, to take another step in the path of my life. God grant me wisdom.

2. To learn how to smile with my eyes again. I seem to have forgotten how.

3. Celebrate. Celebrate the small, the large, the joyous, the ordinary. Cultivate gratitude and contentment.

I am not sure if there is a way to measure these goals quantitatively but really the question will become:
1. Am I still in Trout Lake?
2. Can I smile both inside and out?

1 comment:

Steve, Lisa, Katelyn, Naleah, and Alexa said...

we are praying for you Jen as you contemplate life and where God wants you, what he has for you. We pray that you will find joy in the little things, especially when the big things are so tiring.
see you soon.
love ya