Sunday, December 31, 2006

Bring on 2007

Happy New Years everyone. It is still good to be home with the family. I saw some friends in passing atchurch but I did not get to greet everyone, unfortunately. So many people so little time.

So you would think that since I am home that I would have lots of outings and coffeetime with people. Well since this is my second blog entry since the Christmas hoiday, one could guess that my Christmas holidays were not the social event of my year. It doesn't help that I have a horrid chest cough and a raspy voice. I can't really call people up and say, "Hey want to go for a coffee so that I can breathe all my sick germs on you."

In fact my most intimate moment this holidays was with my optometrist yesterday. I have not had a male gaze into my eyes for quite so long. In fact we sat nearly nose to nose and I had to answer all of his questions in my deep throaty voice. "Yes I have been thinking about contacts" "OK I will make another appointment with you at Easter time to get contacts fitted." I found a lot of humour in the situation.

Anways may all of my readers (there might be 5 now) have a blessed new years and find true intimacy and lots of adventure in 2007.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would far rather have coffee with you than avoid your germs! I don't think I caught any of them. . .

I was rather sad to be back at work this week, so it makes me especially glad that I got to stay in Lethbridge for longer!

Jen L said...

I am glad you got to stay in Lethbridge longer too.

gl said...

Jen, you do make me laugh...out loud...reading alone at he computer...I kept having visions of Corner Gas! love you