Sunday, February 25, 2007

Adventure Part Deux

OK I don't know if it is so much an adventure as complete stupidity but it is funny nontheless.

I am in charge of buying canteen items for the school canteen. So last weekend in Edmonton, I bought chips and pop and brought them to Trout Lake. Due to laziness, I did not remove them from my car right away. I thought I would wait until a student volunteered to help.

That time came. The future business person thought that it was stupid not to open the canteen when I had bought new stuff for it. So we go to my car to unload it. I open the door and my first thought was, "Some sort of animal got in here some how and left a mess all over." Then I looked more closely and realized that what I was seeing was frozen Pepsi all over my backseats and floor.

Well I didn't want to deal with the problem right then so we carried in the unexplosive chips and left the pop there. It couldn't get any worse could it. Friday afternoon came and I finally had a chance to clean up the frozen slurpee mess. I opened the door to my car and SURPRISE it was alot worse. There were ice crystals in the front seat and cargo area. Ice crystals all over my back seats and on the windows and ceiling. I spent a good two hours cleaning out my car and come spring time it is still going to be a sticky sticky mess.

The Trout dogs loved me that day. They hung around my car and ate Pepsi flavored snow. And I was able to laugh at myself, the Science teacher who should know that water expands when it freezes (although I thought Pepsi should have enough sugar in it to prevent it from freezing). I am officially a dolt and my year old car is officially broken in.

3 comments:

jerlight said...

Hahahahaha! That was a great story! MMMMMM Pepsi slurpee...
My suggestion: get thee to a detailer. They're the only ones who are going to get it out properly.
This experiment also works in a regular freezer (speaking from experience).

Anonymous said...

Your poor car! It was so new and pretty . . .
I'm very glad that you have a visitor! Hope you had fun together!

Jen L said...

Yah a detailer is going to be in my future this spring.