Monday, May 21, 2007

Anxiously Awaiting

I am ready for spring. Slowly the grass is turning green. Slowly the sky is becoming bluer. And if I look really closely I can even see a few buds on the trees. Not leaves yet but buds. I want those buds to burst open and make the world a greener place.

I am ready for summer. I don't want to mark, plan lessons or do oodles of paper work. And there will soon be oodles to do. I want to romp around with my nieces and tickle my nephews tiny feet and hang out with friends and families in really hot sun.

I am ready for adventure. I want to fly to Istanbul, go hiking in the Canadian Rockies and see what comes my way.

Six weeks and this will all come to pass. I am anxiously awaiting.

4 comments:

~Nanc. said...

That's so cool that you're going to Turkey! Who are you going with? I hope you enjoy it... have a great summer!!

I am in Fort St. James right now... it kind of reminds me of what the BC equivalent of Trout might be like!

The Chatty Housewife said...

It's summer here now. We live by the beach and it has been very busy with visitors lately. I love summer.

jerlight said...

Did you see the article in Readers' Digest about the museum in Turkey? Sounds intriguing!

nicole said...

i am anxiously awaiting a new post from you!!! i want to see/hear/read where and why you are going where you are going!