Sunday, December 07, 2008

Darkness

It has been a dark weekend - snow and early sunsets. I have to keep on reminding myself that the winter solstice is almost upon us and that soon the days will get longer and lighter. I hope that my heavy heart becomes filled with light too. Right now it is filled with confusion, frustration, anger, bitterness. I feel like all of my hard work here is slowly unravelling into a mess and I feel helpless to stop it.

So I spent the dark weekend with friends. First, stimulating the economy in Slave Lake. Then spending the day crafting in a house with music and apple cider. Sometimes our conversations would sway into the dark bitterness that we feel. I am going to try to keep it light, try to see the positive. Hopefully the Christmas holidays will make things right again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest of Jennifers......we love you oh-so-much! Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Jen. Tis the season of hope! m

Jen L said...

Right now my word verification says "trustsom". Yes I need to trust some.