Sunday, October 28, 2007

The routine

I did not blog last week and really have nothing to say this week. My life right now is pretty routine and SAD is starting to set in. So here it is, the sad routine of me.

1. Hear the alarm and press snooze three or four times.
2. Wake up later than I want and rush to get ready to school.
3. Go to school and teach until about 4:00.
4. Go home and eat because the starvation has already set in.
5. Go back to school at about 5:00 or 6:00.
6. Stay at school unitl 9:00.
7. Go home and watch TV for an hour.
8. Go to bed.
9. Sleep.
10. Repeat the next day.

My fridge was getting bare so I did have to go grocery shopping on Saturday. This was quite the dilemma for me. Did I want to drive three hours to the "big" grocery store and get exactly what I wanted (maybe) or did I want to drive one hour (these are both one way trip times) and get what was available. Driving one hour won out. The prospect of driving three hours to go shopping solitarily and have no one to know me and greet me at the end of the journey convinced me that Red Earth groceries would be sufficient.

Did I mention that SAD is setting in? Darkness at 8:00 am and again at 6:00 is affecting the emotions and drive. The new elliptical does help a bit to get those endorphins up.

7 comments:

Jen L said...

You know what might help my blahs - SNOW. Beautiful white snow and cold to go along with the darkness.

nicole said...

chin up baby!

Anonymous said...

What a good (northern)Canadian girl...sees snow as cheering! Love ya!

Amy.E said...

So which town is the "Big" grocery store?

Anonymous said...

Big grocery store is in Slave Lake or Peace River. The advantage to Slave is the Dollar Barn and the Walmart. Soon though, Peace will have its own Walmart so that might become the grocery excursion destination of choice. It is much prettier than Slave and has a better grocery store. You can ask for hummus with out getting blank stares.

Anonymous said...

Oct 28.... Nov 14...are ya still up there?

~Nanc. said...

If I don't end up back on the coast for the rest of the winter and end up getting to enjoy the bright white of the flat prairies I'll send along my SAD light so you can be uplifted!!