Tuesday, May 20, 2008

How does your garden grow?

This weekend I sat in the sun and played in dirt. I felt like a toddler exploring new worlds and getting very dirty in the process. I had forgotten that grass had such packed root systems. I had forgotten that there is a whole mysterious world underneath my feet.

Gardening gave me hope. It reminded me that even when things appear dead and dry on the surface, there are life giving roots underneath what we see and with a little transplanting or watering or sunshining, the dry dead looking plant springs back to life.

I think people are like that too. So I am typing this in order to remind myself to dig deep into people's lives and get a little dirty in hopes of reviving and restoring life.

2 comments:

jerlight said...

Good reminder! My problem is that I hate confrontation so I've just decided to let the weeds grow in my garden...

Anonymous said...

Yeah confrontation. That is definitely one thing I am not enjoying as principal.
jen