Monday, September 01, 2008

I'm back

I am back in Trout, back blogging and back teaching. The New Year should start in September because this is when I make all of my resolutions - most of which I have broken already. However, today I remedied that by finally cleaning my house. I don't know what it is about a clean house that makes me have a healthier mind but it is linked somehow. It increases my motivation.

I am glad to be back for another year. I am teaching the same assignment as before. No more principalship for me and I think that that is good for me, the school and my sanity. So far the new principal seems like a good leader - listens and then makes a decisive decision. Students are all well - one of them is pregnant at the age of 14 and another threw an eraser at my head already. He swears it was an accident (the eraser one although I am sure the pregnant one would swear the same thing). But how can you accidently bean an eraser off the teachers head.

But enough of all that . . . Lately I have been noticing how technology is changing some of our idioms. For example . . .
. . . "A watched pot never boils" has now turned to "A watched website never loads."
. . . "A picture is worth a thousand words." has changed to "A jpg. is worth a thousand txt."
Personally though, speaking from experience, here I am changing . . .
. . . "She is like an open book." to "She is like a public blog, facebook page and one-line profile rolled into one."

So much of my life is on-line and it can get scary but I am not really sure if I want to change. So to all of my friends who read this and then in the middle of a good Trout story interupt me and say, "Yeah I read about that on your blog.", send me a comment once in awhile and then I won't bore you with the same stories. You can start by thinking of other phrases that need to be updated for our modern times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back to blogging Jen - I always check for your updates (is it still our Sunday date?) and I am never bored by your Trout Lake stories! mom

nicole said...

hope your year will be another year of trout adventures. post often!

Hillary said...

I like your stories too! And it seems that I won't hear them in real life, so please post...then again, who am I to talk..I think my blog may almost be dead.