Monday, January 19, 2009

Irons in the Fire

This week I had too many irons in the fire. Monday I was acting principal for half the day. Tuesday and Wednesday I was still acting principal. Tuesday I had to drive to Cadotte to pick up diploma exams so that our students could write them and hopefully pass Grade 12 this year. For some reason, they were never sent to our school so I had to arrange them to be sent to Peace and then I had to arrange for a rendezvous in Cadotte with my principal to recieve them. So I was on the road for a good 4 and 1/2 hours. The things that I do for my students.

Thursday I was in Slave for math meetings and Friday I was presenting our math program to other teachers. Yes me presenting. It was great fun.

So in an effort of celebration, here are some things to celebrate.
1. My students did awesome on the written part of the diploma exam. They got things out of the picture that I missed. They all wrote something in all 3 essays. I am SOOO proud of those 5 students. I wanted to hug and kiss them all but that would have got wierd.

2. I had a really nice time in Slave Lake reflecting on the progress that some of my students are making in math. The first year of the program, I had 2 students pass a diagnostic test. Now I have only two students not pass the same task. It is very good.

3. I had a really nice time in Slave Lake hanging out with my fellow presenters. We went out for a liesurely dinner, we laughed, we planned.

4. I loved presenting to other teachers. It was fun sharing my "expertise".

There now I feel better. My anger at other situations has dissipated slightly. However, looking at my celebrations, I need a change. Everything in my lifeis school related right now and I find that very tiring.

1 comment:

Amy.E said...

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know I'm reading. Your stories amaze me, as does your strength.