Monday, August 20, 2012

Blessed With Friends Like These

I spent the weekend at The Girl's Annual Gull Lake Campout.  I and 8 of my single gal friends got together to catch up, continue inside jokes and start inside jokes.  I could list some of those jokes here but "Hot Bush Pie Maker" would not be hilarious except for those in the know.  After the campout, another friend of mine from a different circle and different time in my life, drove an hour and a bit to bring her family and others to come and see me.  Once again, I got home and felt so homesick for people who truly know me - my past, sense of humour, passions etc.   I love my friends and family because:

- we can joke and laugh together about the dumbest things.  Oh my sore abs.
- we can discuss deep topics such as dissatisfaction, unrequited love, hopes and dreams.
- we want the best for each other.  I spent part of my car ride praying for the best for each of you.
- we share a common faith and common perspective on life within that faith or at least share common experiences
- I can be extrovert-like with them around

So when I was feeling at my most low, I heard this song that I would like to dedicate to my friends.  Thanks "Band of The Day" for introducing me to this song.


So while I was unpacking, I discovered a token of the friendship, hiding in the backseat of my car, underneath the oodles of messy camping gear.  I knee deep down inside that  I would end up with it, and decided to display it prominently in my house as a reminder that I am loved and known.

Looks pretty good sitting there doesn't it?  The picture unfortunately does not do the ugliness of the eagle head justice.  So which one of my friends would like to invite me over for a visit?

4 comments:

Jdubbs said...

lol, I am so glad that you got the reminder of how much we love you! Ha ha ha! that is perfect! thanks for an amazing weekend! It was great chating and laughing, and the best...was our creative minds in our pictionary madness, your pictures and my interpretations...lol! I love that we can cause trouble together, it is like we have never been apart!

Journey to Six said...

Thank you my dear friend for sharing your heart. After 17 years you still make me smile and laugh and bring me back to yesterday. I am praying for you, that you will hold on to these moments and truly cherish how loved you are. AND I have not decided to send you your hat so you come back for more laughter and encouragement. <3

Megan said...

I think it's great you're displaying it in your home and letting it serve as a reminder of the good times we've had - I imagine many of us would be inclined to hide it away somewhere! Wouldn't blame you if you cover it up sometimes or turn it to face the wall, though - that beady stare would put off most people ;-)

nicole said...

i like when you blog...keep it up!