Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring

I am falling asleep and waking up to the sound of drops dripping off of the snow on my roof. Spring has sprung and I can not quite remember a spring like this. We have had three days of melting and there is still snow everywhere. The banks are still waist high. Snow and mud. I finally went for a walk today and realized my butt is still sore from my sports injury last week.

Spring feels wierd this year. I am not welcoming it with open heart and arms. I almost resent the extra hours of sunlight (we have more sunlight then darkness now). The cold and darkness matched my solitude and lonliness. It justified sitting in front of the TV and doing nothing. Now that there is light, I feel like I have to do things and be sociable. And I kind of want that but there is no one to do things with or be sociable with. The brightness just illuminates my despondancy.

So in two weeks I will be home and I can't wait. Two weeks from today I will be singing about the ressurection and seeing new life in a new family member (I hope for my pregnant sister's sake). And I hope that by celebrating the ressurection of Christ that it will resurrect my life as well.

3 comments:

~Nanc. said...

OH Jen. I feel sad for you. I can totally understand that feeling and I think i would be sharing it with you... except I have a little bit of light at the end of my tunnel now. I'm headed out of this singleless town and will be treeplanting by May. I'm thinking I might almost go into shock being in a camp with 50 people my age!

We start in PG but maybe we'll work our way across northern Alberta and hopefully end up on your doorstep sometime soon!

Mel T said...

Hi Jen! I'm glad we found each other. I blame March: there's something about this month that leads to a funk, I think, no matter where people are or what they're doing. For me, I've got it when I've been in school and while I've been working. April's coming, April's coming ....

:) I'm not sure if I'm immune to spin or if the spin just makes me cranky! I'm glad you enjoy the rants.

gl said...

Jen, may you find some ressurection, new-life joy even today - and revel in the light of it!