Wednesday, April 28, 2010

And the winner is . . .

. . . not that it was really a contest. I have been trying to get back on track all year but with sunshine in the mornings comes new energy. So the winner for my goal is to revive my devotions in the morning. I am not promising to do them everyday but my goal is to get through Isaiah by the end of the school year and journal prayers as I read. After two weeks, it is going well. I think that I read Chapter 9 tomorrow. I love Isaiah. The words of hope sprinkled through a scenery of despair. I find it uplifting to remember that in the midst of darkness a light has come. Plus so much of Isaiah is used in Handel's Messiah that sometimes I break out into song. This morning it was, "For unto us a child is born. Unto us - a son is given - unto us - a son is given."

After April Fools this year, I started to realize the benefits of having April as the start of a new year. The sun is reborn and shines the majority of the day now. The grass is slowly turning green. I have even seen two little tiny tulips in our flower garden (I hope they did not get killed by last weekends snowfall). I also am starting to feel reborn a bit.

With this new goal and sunshine, other goals are being met as well. I am getting up earlier and having my coffee and breakfast in a relaxed manner with my Bible open. I have more time in the mornings so I go to school happier. I go to sleep a little earlier and thus have more energy in the afternoon. Yes this is due to the fact that the sun isn't about to set at 4 as well. Now if I could just get over this darn headcold . . .

2 comments:

gl said...

one goal..and look at all the benefits!

Hampers said...

Being focussed on a goal is such a benefit for making progress towards goodness.