Sunday, March 02, 2008

Spring

Spring is just around the corner. I can feel it in the air. I can see it in the sky. It doesn't get dark until about 6:00 now and it is light when I wake up. When the sun is shining, it has a warmth that can warm the body and soul.

Slowly my mind is getting out of hibernation mode - maybe I should go through those papers on the floor. Maybe I should start some fun projects. Maybe I should go flirt with a boy. My heart and soul quickens. Spring is coming.

But this year, my doldrums seem to continue. Nothing new is happening. As you can probably tell by this most boring of entries. I have no new plans, no new thoughts, no new activities. Same old, same old. Plus I don't want to think spring to early. March can be a pretty brutal month. April can bring us snow. Heck, we are always suprised by snow in May but it almost always comes.

Hopefully with the new birth of spring, with the celebration of the resurrection of Christ, my own soul will have a new birth and a resurrection. No doubt some of it will occur around March 21st when I am home for Easter. There is something about kisses from nieces and laughter with children and babies that makes the soul glow.

2 comments:

Jen L said...

OK so I just read my posts in March last year. My feelings this spring are not new. Truly same old same old.

Hillary said...

Nothing wrong with the anticipation of something new. Even if it is old.
I hope you can find growth and newness in what may seem dead and old.