Sunday, October 29, 2006

In others words

I missed church today. My decision to miss it actually started yesterday when instead of doing schoolwork I read a novel. At 5:00, I still hadn't done anything productive so I quickly did laundry, cleaned house and went to school to prep for the days I would be away. I stayed at school until midnight. Then I came home and changed the time on my alarm clock and set my alarm. Either I slept right through the alarm or I forgot to change the time back to pm. So I slept past departure time.

That's all right though. My motives for going to church weren't exactly pure. I wanted to go and see if there were any youngish, available young men who attend church in Slave who were willing to fall in love with me and entertain me for the three days that I would be there. So maybe it is a good thing that I had my regular alone worship time here at home.

I love my Sunday mornings, especially when my basement roommate is gone because I can pull out my guitar and sing, shout and praise!! This morning was no exception. I have yet to talk to anyone, but my heart is filled with joy. Sunday mornings set the tone for the rest of my week.

So this morning I found a cool prayer that I would like to share with you all. It is written by Micheal Quoist - who I believe is Roman Catholic. This is only part of the prayer. The part in italics is the section that gets to me, for so often I am proud enough to think that my path is the only right path. This prayer is what I pray for you my readers and for my students. So often, they tick me off so much, I don't see their indespensibility or the hand of God at work in their lives.

Lord, living in your grace, let me share a little through the attention I give to others, your loving care for us. Let me, on my knees, adore in them the mystery of your created love. Let me respect your idea of them without trying to impose my own. May I allow them to follow the path that you have marked for them without trying to take them along mine. May I realize that they are indespensible to the world, and that I can't do without the least of them. May I never tire of looking at them and of enriching myself with the treasures you have entrusted to them. Help me to praise you in their journeyings, to find you in their lives. Grant that not an instant of their existence go by, not a hair of their heads fall, by me, as by you, unheeded.

1 comment:

~Nanc. said...

Wow... what a powerful prayer! I think I shall print that out for myself as well... so applicable to youth ministry!

Stay tuned on my blog for evidence of your impact on my life!

Hope you are somehow feeling Him fill your aloneness... as I want Him to fill mine.