Sunday, October 22, 2006

Would you like to be my friend?

It was quite the week at school this week. I was the principal and had to deal with any discipline issues. Yech!! My students thought that it would be good to inform me that I was a lousy principal and that the real principal was better than me. I think that my agreement with their statements shut them up for a while. Of course the real principal is better than me.

So after the incredibly busy week I approach some of the teachers. Are we getting together this week to play a game or chill? "Oh gosh no!! We have too much work to do. We can't take a break - not even for two hours on a Saturday night."

AHHHHH!!! I can not think of school 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It is not healthy. I need social times of friendship and conversation outside of the school. So Saturday morning was a very lonely, depressed time as I missed my friends from last year. Not only was it normal to get together on the weekend but we sould get together twice during the week too. We had conversations outside of school - sure they were still about school but at least it wasn't in a classroom.

Anyways, I decided to stop the pity party and actually be productive so I too went to school to get some things done and then came home and watched TV. TV is my new best friend.

1 comment:

gl said...

You must be missing your co-ed Gilmore Girls nights!! Here's hoping you can get them to take a break before they burn out! And don't get too friendly with that TV. Love you.